Tumblr is one of those social networks platforms that everybody has actually heard of, however few know anything about.
While numerous may not know exactly what it is, Tumblr is among the most popular blogging platforms. You should have a look at the platform if you have not heard of it previously.
Relating to personal branding, Tumblr provides some special benefits to bloggers and companies alike.
For instance, the platform can help display their creativity or develop an audience through quality material and modification choices.
In this post, we’ll discuss what Tumblr is and take a look at the top features and benefits of using Tumblr, from writing tutorials to developing podcasts.
What Is Tumblr?
Tumblr is a microblogging platform for sharing photos, music, video, links, quotes, GIFs, text, and other multimedia. The site likewise has a “Responses” function, which enables users to express their feelings about something published on the website.
Unlike other platforms, Tumblr profiles are highly personalized. Brand names can customize their theme, design, colors, fonts, and more. Users can also follow each other’s updates and produce custom RSS feeds based on their interests.
Producing an account on Tumblr is free and easy to set up. All posts on Tumblr are public, and all users have the alternative to follow you. There are no private profile choices like on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Facebook Verified.
Users can create different widgets for their profiles.
Tumblr has ended up being more prominent with its free mobile app, rich API, customized design tools, and lively community.
50 Tumblr Facts And Statistics
- Tumblr started in 2007 as a blogging platform that enabled users to share pictures, videos, text posts, and more.
- The service gained appeal after being obtained by Yahoo! in 2013 for $1.1 billion.
- From 2017 to 2019, Oath took control of ownership of the platform prior to being purchased by Verizon Media.
- In 2019, ownership transferred once again to Automattic, a moms and dad company of WordPress that maintains ownership today.
- Tumblr is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- There are 2,437 employees at Tumblr.
- Out of their workers, 57% are ladies.
- Most staff members who work at Tumblr stay with the business for an average of 5.3 years.
- Over 556 million blog sites are hosted on Tumblr.
- Many celebs and influencers post on Tumblr, however the platform doesn’t utilize the same blue check confirmed symbol you see on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Twitter Verified.
- The yearly profits for Tumblr is in between $75-100 million.
- Tumblr has numerous partners and thousands of commissioned artwork.
- There are over 171 billion posts on Tumblr today.
- Individuals can post on Tumblr in 18 various languages.
- Although they have actually been around for a while, 61% of new Tumblr users are Gen Z, and 48% of their active users are Gen Z.
- Tumblr is the 3rd most popular blogging platform in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
- And the 3rd most popular blogging platform on the internet entirely.
- 45.94% of the traffic on Tumblr originates from the U.S.
- For those brand-new to Tumblr, they provide a guide on how to begin posting.
- The trending topics on Tumblr vary, just like any other site, from Legend of Zelda to U.K. politics.
- Relating to interest categories, most people discuss video games, consoles, and accessories. They also go over computers, electronics, news, and subjects regarding universities.
- Some of Tumblr’s leading rivals include Buy Twitter Verified, Pinterest, and Buy Instagram Verified.
- There are numerous advertisement chances on Tumblr, including native ad experiences and custom-made chances.
- Tumblr is a privately owned business.
- In a current survey, 70% of users specified that they were satisfied by the performance of Tumblr. The top two rankings above this were Pinterest and Buy YouTube Subscribers, with a 76% customer satisfaction score.
- Tumblr has 135 million regular monthly active users.
- Previously this year, there was an uptick in visitations to Tumblr, with 291.7 million gos to in May.
- Tumblr prides itself on being an inclusive area for everybody to share its views mentioning, “Tumblr is whatever you desire it to be.”
- On top of the capability to publish daily blogs, Tumblr likewise provides a liveblog function so users can blog as events or things happen in real-time.
- Most people (69%) utilize Tumblr on their mobile devices, and 31% use the platform on the web.
- In a current survey, when socials media were ranked by brand name awareness in the U.S., 58% of individuals recognized the platform.
- The leading quantity of users going to the web is U.S.-based at 46.37%.
- This is followed by the United Kingdom and Canada users on the internet at 5.94% and 5.07%, respectively.
- Australia follows this at 3.2% and then Germany at 3.1%.
- In 2018, Tumblr banned adult content on its platform, a polarizing move.
- Mashable suggests that “Fandom’s homeland is Tumblr.”
- And The Brink states that “The important things that occur on Tumblr are utterly unique to any other social platform.”
- There are around 9.7 million daily posts on Tumblr.
- The demographics for top Tumblr users break down to 33.04% from ages 18-25, 31.44% from 25-34, and 16.10% between 35-44 years of ages.
- Of these users, 41.41% determine as female, and 58.59% identify as male.
- Tumble has a bounce rate of 42.67%.
- Like other platforms like Buy Facebook Verified, users can like and repost content.
- You can create custom HTML styles on Tumblr.
- There is likewise a Mass Post Editor function on Tumblr, permitting users to modify or delete several posts simultaneously.
- Users can easily include inline images from the web to their posts by pasting the image’s URL into the post.
- Tumblr likewise has keyboard faster way alternatives that make it much easier to develop posts.
- A few of Tumblr’s leading rivals consist of Ghost, Hexo, and Medium.
- There are over 2,000 posts developed every second on Tumblr.
- Concerning traffic leading back to Tumblr, 28.48% of that traffic originates from Buy Twitter Verified, and 20.25% originates from Buy YouTube Subscribers.
- Usually, users check out 6.47 pages when they use the platform.
Tumblr is an online neighborhood where anybody can develop engaging and distinct content.
As you can see, it is likewise extremely customizable, allowing users and brand names to produce their ideal profiles. It’s likewise a terrific area to discover and cultivate brand-new audiences.
There are almost limitless possibilities with the platform, and it deserves checking out to see if it’s best for your brand name.
If you’re looking to incorporate more blogging alternatives and are thinking about integrating Tumblr, have a look at this post.
Featured Image: Lenka Horavova/Best SMM Panel